All babies need blankets! Here are directions to make your own for a special gift, or to save money at the store.
1. You will need: 1 yard of flannel or soft washable fabric, thread and a sewing machine or serger.
2. Preshrink your fabric.
3. Trim the salvages off of the fabric.
4. If you have a serger, use a rolled hem stitch around all the edges.
5. If you do not have a serger, turn under 1/4′ on all the edges.
6. Turn that 1/4″ under again, to enclose all raw edges.
7. Miter the corners.
8. Top stitch the hem to hold it in place.
1. Use fleece with a serged roll hem, in any size to make a great gift for an adult.
2. Use a yard and a quarter for a square blanket from 45′ wide fabric.
3. Use a decorative stitch to top stitch the hem for a decorative blanket.