A sewing machine is probably the largest investment you will make in any of your sewing tools. Making an informed decision will allow you to buy a machine to meet your needs and save you hours of frustration. Sewing is fun when the machine works with you to create anything you want.
Know Your Spending Limits
* Sewing machines can be found for less than one hundred dollars to over eight thousand dollars.
* It’s very easy to be convinced you will use everything and end up in debt, regretting your decision.
* Carefully think about how much you are honestly going to use the machine and adjust your spending accordingly.
* Keep in mind that a bargain is not always a bargain. A machine that is not designed for how and what you want to sew, can lead to hours of frustration.
Get to Know the Dealer – Before You Spend Your Money
* Online or locally, learn about a machine dealer before you spend your money.
* Take classes that are publicly offered.
* Ask for other’s experiences on the forum.
* Subscribe to newsletters for the best deal and to learn the communication level of a dealer.
* Know the shipping costs before you place an order.
* Know the return policy.
* Have an address and phone number to verify that it is a real company.