Avoid common machine embroidery pitfalls.
D E B O R A H J O N E S
Avoid mistakes by developing and practicing some simple work habits at the machine.
* When placing the hoop into the machine, run your fingers over the hooped fabric surface, feeling for any lumps or bumps. This simple precaution prevents additional, unwanted fabric under the embroidery hoop.
* Before beginning, use the “Trace” or “Trial” function on your machine, if available, to see where the design will stitch.
* If using a design rotation, step through part of the design without threading the needle, watching the motion of the hoop to be sure the design is rotated in the proper direction.
* After stitching a very dense design, change the needle before beginning the outline to achieve a sharper outline.
* On textured or napped fabrics, apply a clear, water-soluble stabilizer on the surface for cleaner embroidery result. On very heavy napped fabrics, such as towels, you may want to stitch monogram lettering twice for lush, full coverage.